Introduction to SAS interface
This post is part of 'SAS | General' series
- Editor window:
- editor window allows us to perform standard editing like entering, editing, and submitting programs
- Log window:
- The Log Window displays messages about our SAS session and any programs that we submit
- SAS uses the following color-coded system to assist you in reading the log:
- The DATA and PROC steps that appear in your program are printed in black.
- Notes that SAS wants to report to you are printed in blue
- Warnings that SAS wants to draw to your attention are printed in green
- Errors that cause SAS to abort running your program are printed in red
- Output window:
- The output window enables us to view the LISTING output from our SAS programs.
- Explorer window:
- The Explorer Window allows us to easily view and manage our SAS files, which are stored in SAS data libraries.
- Results window:
- The Results window serves as an index in a tree structure to the several types of output generated by the submitted SAS programs in the session.