What is ICH?
This post is part of 'Domain | General' series
- Humans use pharmaceutical products for diagnosis, prevention, or treatment of diseases
- These pharmaceuticals developed by the pharmaceutical companies are to be registered/approved by regulatory agencies of a country before they are available for public use
- For approval, there are a lot of technical requirements to be met by the products and processes
- Technical requirements vary from country to country
- The approval process in multiple countries becomes easy if the technical requirements needed by different countries are harmonized
The International Council for Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Pharmaceuticals for Human Use (ICH) is an initiative that brings together regulatory authorities and pharmaceutical industry to discuss scientific and technical aspects of pharmaceutical product development and registration.